- 1 We rated the following products – cat Trackers
- 2 The best cat Trackers
- 2.1 Tractive GPS Cat Tracker with Custom Cat Collar, Follow them Everywhere, 24/7 Location and 365-day History
- 2.2 Safer Pet GPS Cat Tracker | | Never lose your Cat again | GPS Tracker with Activity Monitoring | Long Life Battery – Tracker Fits any Collar | Satellite and Street Map Views via free APP.
- 2.3 UBEE CAT GPS Tracker for cats, Lightest UK tracker (23g), Unlimited Range, Free & Shareable App, UK Support
- 2.4 NEW | Cat Tracker | GPS | Light Weight | Unlimited Range | Free and shareable app | UK Support | UBEE LYNX
- 2.5 Mini GPS Tracking Finder Device Tag Key Kids Finder Pet Tracker For Cat Dog & Vehicle Locator
- 2.6 KIPPY - EVO - The new GPS Tracker Collar and Activity Monitor for Dogs and Cats, 38 gr, Waterproof, Battery 10 days, Green Forest
- 2.7 Akin Pet GPS Tracker for Cats and Dogs Smart Pet Bell Locator Collar IP67 Waterproof Anti-lost Device Electronic Fence Position Collar Support 2G 3G Frequency Band Random Color
- 2.8 Girafus Cat Tracker RF finder longest Range up to 1600 ft lightest pet safety tracking device only 8gr small pets dog Pro-track-tor Pet Tracker for 2 CATS
- 2.9 TriLance Mini Cat/Dog GPS Tracking Locator, Bluetooth Tracker for Dogs Kids Cats Luggage Wallet, Cube Key Finder Smart Tracker Tracking Loss Prevention Waterproof Device Pet Locator (Dog paw-Black)
- 2.10 Bluetooth Tracker for Dog Cat,Waterproof Anti-lost Alarm Device,Mini GPS Pets Tracking Loss Prevention GPS Locator,Remote Control to Take Pictures and Record,1/3/4 Pack
In this article, we will look at some of the best chosen cat Trackers. We would recommend using Tractive GPS Cat Tracker with Custom Cat Collar, Follow them Everywhere, 24/7 Location and 365-day History as it is available at a reasonable price.
How To Track Your Cats Like Never Before!
We’ve all been there—you find that a few of your kitties are out of sight. You start to wonder if they are okay, but you don’t want to make the call. That’s when you turn to our cat tracker app.
What is the best cat tracker?
This question was recently put to a survey by the RSPCA in the United Kingdom.
The most widely used type of cat tracker in the UK is called a “pinging” device. A person attaches this little gadget to the collar of a cat and, when the cat walks away, the owner gets an alert on his or her mobile phone.
Not surprisingly, the owners can then go get their cat without having to track it down themselves.
However, this type of tracking device has a few drawbacks. For one thing, it only works if the cat is wearing a collar with a battery-powered transmitter.
And secondly, the alerts are only received by the person who owns the phone number that was used to access the web site where the cat was tracked.
So what happens if you go on vacation or give your phone number to someone else?
Not to worry. The RSPCA survey also revealed another type of cat tracker that is gaining in popularity. This type is called an “RFID tag” and is attached to the cat’s body with a small plastic disk that is approximately the same size as a contact lens.
This little disk has a unique identification number that is registered to the cat’s owner. When the cat walks away, the RFID tag communicates with a reader which is usually located near the owner’s desk.
The owner gets an alert on his or her mobile phone and can then go get the cat. This type of cat tracking device has some advantages over the pingers.
How does the RFID tag work?
A reader sends out a radio frequency signal. The RFID tag has an antenna that picks up this signal and then transmits a return signal. This return signal is picked up by the reader and the owner’s phone. The owner is then alerted that the cat is out of sight. However, the downside to this type of cat tracker is that the antenna is attached to the cat’s body and can be lost or damaged if the cat gets into something. And finally, there are those who think that this type of tracking device is invasive. But there is one more type of cat tracker that is gaining in popularity and that is called “GPS tracking”. This is done with a collar that has a GPS receiver built into it. When the cat walks away, the collar sends out a signal that can be picked up by a satellite. The owner then receives a text message that includes a map showing where the cat is located. This is a very convenient way to track your cat because you get an alert whenever the cat leaves the area that you have designated for him or her to stay in. It also helps if you are on vacation or away from home and don’t want to worry about whether your cat will return or not. But what if your cat doesn’t wear a collar? One of the most popular types of cat trackers is the microchip. A tiny chip about the size of a grain of rice is injected under the skin of a cat. This chip has a unique identification number associated with it and can be read by a scanner.
This type of cat tracker is used with great success by veterinarians to help locate cats who have been lost or stolen. The downside to this type of tracking device is that the owner must have the chip surgically removed. Another popular type of cat tracking device is one that is used in conjunction with a GPS receiver. The owner attaches a collar with a GPS unit to the cat’s neck and then puts a microchip into the cat’s body.
The collar sends out a signal every time the cat moves and then the owner receives an alert via his or her phone that the cat has moved. This type of tracking device is very convenient because you do not have to worry about the cat removing the tracker from his or her body. And finally, there is another type of microchip that is used for tracking. This type of microchip does not send out any radio signals. It is called a “passive” microchip. This type of chip has an identification number associated with it and can be read by a scanner. There are several advantages to using a passive microchip over the other types of microchips: It is less expensive than the other types of microchips It is impossible for the cat to remove the chip from his or her body It is impossible for anyone else to put a different microchip into the cat’s body How does a microchip work? A microchip is basically an antenna that has been manufactured into a tiny silicon-based semiconductor. There are several different types of microchips. The one that is most often used in conjunction with a cat collar is called an EPROM (Electrically Programmable Read Only Memory). This type of microchip has a unique identification number that is programmed at the factory. When the collar sends out a radio frequency signal, the microchip picks it up and then transmits a radio frequency signal back to the reader. Of course, this microchip also has a battery to power it so it can continue to send out signals for an extended period of time. There are several advantages to using a microchip over the other types of cat trackers: It is less expensive than the other types of cat trackers It is impossible for the cat to remove the chip from his or her body It is impossible for anyone else to put a different microchip into the cat’s body What is the best type of cat tracker? That really depends on your situation. If you have a cat that is old enough to have a permanent home and you are willing to take the time to train him or her to wear a collar with a microchip, the microchip is the best type of cat tracker. On the other hand, if you are just getting started with having a cat and you are not sure if he or she will ever wear a collar, the GPS collar is the best type of cat tracker. If you decide to use a microchip, there are a few things you should consider:
Make sure the type of microchip you use can be read by a scanner. Not all microchips are compatible with every type of cat collar.
Make sure the scanner can read the microchip. Not all scanners can read all types of microchips.
Make sure the battery life of your microchip is long enough for your application. Most EPROM microchips have a battery life of one to three years.
If you decide to use a GPS collar, there are a few things you should consider: Make sure the GPS satellite signal can reach your area. You can test this by looking at your phone’s map application. If the red pin is far away from where you live, it won’t be able to pinpoint your exact location. Make sure your phone has good reception.
Most phones have excellent reception in urban areas but may not work very well in rural areas or areas with many tall buildings.
If you decide to use a GPS collar, you may need to get a new battery for the microchip every two to three years. This is because the satellites will no longer be able to read the microchip and therefore the battery will need to be replaced.
We rated the following products – cat Trackers
The best cat Trackers
Tractive GPS Cat Tracker with Custom Cat Collar, Follow them Everywhere, 24/7 Location and 365-day History
£42.49 in stock
4 used from £38.50
- SUBSCRIPTION - With a low fee starting at only £ 3.75 / month (2-years plan), you can enjoy unlimited tracking of your cat in more than 150 countries worldwide thanks to the integrated SIM card; during the set-up, you can select between different subscription plans; in the Tractive GPS app you can add several pets, the fee applies per gps cat tracker device
- LIVE LOCATION TRACKING - Track your cat's adventures all over Europe and in many more countries; in LIVE Tracking mode, you get location updates every 2-3 seconds directly on your phone or in your web browser
- LOCATION HISTORY and HEATMAP - The Tractive GPS app does not only show the current position of your cat with the GPS cat collar attachment, but also all the places they have been; find out the usual places the cat visits with the heatmap
- ACTIVITY MONITORING - The GPS tracker logs the activity of your cat so you know how active your cat is day and night
- ADVENTURE and WATERPROOF - Track your cat on their expeditions without any distance restrictions; the tracker is very robust and is 100 Percent waterproof in case your cat is more on the adventurous side
Safer Pet GPS Cat Tracker | | Never lose your Cat again | GPS Tracker with Activity Monitoring | Long Life Battery – Tracker Fits any Collar | Satellite and Street Map Views via free APP.
- TRACK YOUR CAT IN REAL TIME - With our GPS / WiFi tracker for Pets, you can track your cat in real-time with an accuracy of up to 10 metres. Tracking interval can be set from 1 minute to 60 minutes.
- CATS ACTIVITY MONITORING - Our cat tracker helps ensure your Pet is getting all the exercise they need each day. View previously tracked walks for up to 3 months and step counts for last 7 days.
- SHARE WITH THE FAMILY – Up to 3 users can share the app to keep track of your pet wherever they are. View multiple pets simultaneously via the app.
- SPLASHPROOF AND EXTENDED BATTERY – Silicone protective case included for tracker which fits any collar. Up to 3 days battery between charges. Compact and lightweight only 23g.
- SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED – From as little as £3.33/month (when 2 year plan paid annually). Other plans available (monthly, 1,2,3, and 5 years). Subscription includes integrated multi-network SIM card and all data charges.
£28.99 in stock
- Live tracking and location history + virtual fences | GPS / LBS / WiFi. Free and shareable app with European wide coverage
- Lightweight (23g) and small - designed for cat collars with free rubber collar attachment
- Splash / puddle proof
- Rechargeable battery with up to 3 days endurance on standby
- SUBSCRIPTION required - Low fee starting at £2.99 per month (2 years up front). One week's free trial included. Other subscriptions 12 months (£3.49), 6 months (£3.99), Monthly £4.49
£24.99 in stock
- Live tracking and location history + virtual fences | GPS / LBS / WiFi. Free and shareable app GPS accurate to 5-10m (see note below on other services).
- Lightweight (23g) and small - (n.b. no collar included) with free collar attachment
- Virtual Fence (200 - 2,000m) applied on the app
- Rechargeable battery with up to 3 days endurance on standby. NOTE: Does not include remote alert function unlike UBEE CAT so you can't call the device.
- Subscription required - ships with two week's free trial
Mini GPS Tracking Finder Device Tag Key Kids Finder Pet Tracker For Cat Dog & Vehicle Locator
- Bluetooth version: Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy
- Compatible phone: for iPhone4S / 5 / 5S / 5C, for iPad Mini, iTouch 5, iPad 3/4, iPad Air and Android system with Bluetooth.
- 4.0 smartphone (Android 4.3 version and version higher)
- Working distance: approx. 2.9 m (without barrier).
- Suitable for: wallet, car, children, pets, bags, suitcases or other items.
KIPPY - EVO - The new GPS Tracker Collar and Activity Monitor for Dogs and Cats, 38 gr, Waterproof, Battery 10 days, Green Forest
- GPS TRACKING OF YOUR PET - With this GPS tracker collar, you can locate your pet in real time throughout Europe, thanks to integrated systems (GPS, Glonas, LBS, WiFi and Bluetooth)
- SAFE AREA - Thanks to the GPS detector, you can see where your pet goes most often and trace a virtual fence and a safe area, receiving an alert when it goes too far
- ACTIVITY MONITORING - You can measure your pet's steps, minutes, running, playing time, sleep and calories consumed by comparing the data with the official parameters by the Veterinary University
- HIGH QUALITY - Designed and manufactured in Italy, the Kippy EVO GPS collar is also equipped with a long-lasting battery (up to 7 days with good signal and a position every 2h) and LED flashlight
- KIPPY EVO SERVICE PACKAGE - To activate the integrated SIM, buy a service package on the app starting from 7,99 GBP per month. Includes data connection costs and works in Europe except Switzerland
Akin Pet GPS Tracker for Cats and Dogs Smart Pet Bell Locator Collar IP67 Waterproof Anti-lost Device Electronic Fence Position Collar Support 2G 3G Frequency Band Random Color
- 【Accurate Position】: Please Note：Please pay attention to the size of the bell before buying (Diameter 36.8mm). If your pet is small, please carefully consider the purchase. Our pet GPS Tracker adopts universal five-mode positioning, and adopts a new five-fold hybrid positioning such as GPS + AGPS + Wifi + LBS to track the whereabouts of cute pets, thereby providing them with better protection.
- 【Electronic Fence】: This cat and dog position collar has a built-in innovative WiFi protection net that binds home WiFi hotspots. When a pet leaves/goes home, you know at a glance that you don't have to look for a pet in the yard anymore, it is already waiting for you at home.
- 【IP67 Waterproof】: This pet position collar is durable and waterproof. Waterproof is the minimum criterion for choosing a pet locator. The entire smart GPS bell reaches IP67 waterproof, dustproof and shockproof rating, please rest assured to spend a good time with your pet.
- 【Location Tracking】: Using our pet GPS locator, you can see your pet's whereabouts within three months at a glance. It can be downloaded and tracked and shared in real time, which makes finding a dog more convenient.
- 【Lovely Decoration】: In addition to pet position Collar, our pet locator is designed to look like a bell, and it can also be placed in a car or hung on a school bag. It is both an ornament and a locator. Contact magnetic charging technology and advanced waterproof contact charging technology make charging more efficient and convenient.
Girafus Cat Tracker RF finder longest Range up to 1600 ft lightest pet safety tracking device only 8gr small pets dog Pro-track-tor Pet Tracker for 2 CATS
- CATS ARE NOT DOGS 🙂 They hide in so many places where GPS Trackers don't work! GET PEACE OF MIND with the RF tracker of Girafus and FIND YOUR BELOVED PET WHEREVER HIDES
- Girafus Pro-track-tor WORKS IN and OUTDOORS You can find your furry friend even if is hiding in garages, cellars, neighbors house, and many other places!
- NO MONTHLY FEE-as For The Gps Trackers! THE RANGE- Up To 500 Metres /1600 Feet (clear Line Of Sight!) Most Of the other Trackers Have A Range of less than 150m/500feet
- BATTERY LIFETIME-IMPROVED! UP TO 30 DAYS NOW - with the included Rechargeable Batteries and charger. LIGHTWEIGHT PET MODULE only 28oz with battery!
- UP TO 4 PETS-choose the Tag quantity you need. WHAT YOU GET: One Base Unit, Tag Unit (1,2,3 or 4 Tags), Batteries: AAA, LIR2032, CHARGER, Velcro strap, Strap, Hook, SILICON SLEEVE-SPLASHPROOF CASE, User Manual
TriLance Mini Cat/Dog GPS Tracking Locator, Bluetooth Tracker for Dogs Kids Cats Luggage Wallet, Cube Key Finder Smart Tracker Tracking Loss Prevention Waterproof Device Pet Locator (Dog paw-Black)
- 【Use locator to find】Key finder, wallet finder, bag finder and even pet finder, key finder locator will ensure that you will not waste time searching for things. Can't find the key? Using the search mode, you can use your smartphone to make the nuts on the keys ring.
- 【Project Lost and Found Office】Still can't find the item? By declaring the loss through the tracker, all running objects will automatically scan the surrounding items. After finding your item, the system will notify you where the item was found.
- 【Never forget important things】Leave your wallet in the restaurant? If the locator in your wallet is disconnected from the phone, both will sound an alarm due to its anti-lost mode. The Bluetooth key finder will also record the location and time of the last disconnection on the map to facilitate finding lost items.
- 【Replaceable battery】Even in regular use, the battery can be guaranteed for one year. The battery of this item tracker device is replaceable, so when your current battery runs out, you don’t have to worry about buying the entire other device.
- 【UK In Stock and 100% Money-Back Guarantee】Our products are all in UK warehouse, you can receive it with 7-15Days ,We offer you 100% risk-free satisfaction guarantee to let you buy with confidence. Friendly Customer Service. We are quite sure that you will be super-impressed with DURABILITY, PORTABILITY and HIGH QUALITY
Bluetooth Tracker for Dog Cat,Waterproof Anti-lost Alarm Device,Mini GPS Pets Tracking Loss Prevention GPS Locator,Remote Control to Take Pictures and Record,1/3/4 Pack
- Precise :This pet GPS tracker enables you to know exactly accurate location of your pets by 24 hours continuous real time monitoring.Check pet's position at any time, know pet's moving direction clearly, prevent your pet from being lost and stolen, and retrieve your pet at the next time.
- Waterproof:The pet GPS tracker is water resistant and suitable for use in a variety of environments. You can set up an area around the locator, which is alarm immediately when the pet enters or leaves the area.
- Multi-function Locator：Not only can it be used as a locator for tracking pets, it can also be used as a key finder, wallet finder, bag finder. When you can't find the pet or keys, wallet, you can pick up the phone to track, very convenient.
- Size: 42*42*8mm.We deliver the goods very quickly. Generally, you only need to wait 7-15 days to receive the goods.
- Long Distance listening：Real time positioning,Waterproof function,Mobile inquiry,Electronic fence,Track query,Low power alarm,Standby time,Silent care,With the pet GPS tracker, you can set the guardian's mobile phone number to keep in touch with your pet far away.