- 0.1 Cat scratching posts are a great way to protect your furniture......................
- 0.2 Do scratching posts really work for cats?
- 0.3 Why won’t My cat Scratch the scratching post?
- 0.4 Does my Cat need a scratching post?
- 0.5 Where can I put my cat’s Scratching post?
- 0.6 How tall should a cat scratch post be?
- 0.7 where can I get a Cheap Cat Scratching Post?
- 0.8 Which material is best for a Cat Scratching Post?
- 0.9 Cat Scratching Furniture
- 1 See our ratings – Cat Scratching Posts
- 2 The best Cat Scratching Posts
- 2.1 Kingfisher Cat Scratching Post
- 2.2 Kerbl Cat Opal Maxi Scratching Post, 39 x 39 x 78 cm
- 2.3 DIVCHI 16" Cat Scratching Post 40 cm, Natural Sisal Pole and Carpet Covered Heavy Base, Vertical Full Scratcher,Platinum Grey
- 2.4 Smart Cat The Ultimate Scratching Post
- 2.5 MORA PETS Cat Scratching Post, 83cm Scratching Post for Adult Cats Tall Scratch post for Indoor Cats with Ball Cactus Claw Scratching for Kitten and Large Cats Stable Base Not Fall Over
- 2.6 rabbitgoo Cat Scratching Post, 43cm Cat Tree Small Cat Tower with Sisal Plush Perch, Cat Scratch Post with Hanging Toys, Cat Claw Scratcher for Indoor Large Cats, Kitten Climbing Pole for Play Rest
- 2.7 Aibuddy Cat Scratching Post, 60CM Tall Sisal Cat Scratcher Climber & Tree Pole(Cat Interactive Toys, Dangling Ball,East to Assemble, 30 x 30 x 60 cm)
- 2.8 ukdirectshop Multi Level Cat Tree Tower | Cat Scratching Post Cat Tree Tower with Sisal, Grey
- 2.9 Dimaka 29" Tall Cat Scratching Post, Claw Scratcher Sisal Rope Covered Soft Smooth Plush, Vertical Scratch [Full Strectch], Modern Design 29 Inches Height (Grey)
- 2.10 PAWZ Road Cactus Scratching Post for cats, Sisal Cat Scratching post with ball and a bottom like desert (H: 68.5cm/27") Brown L
This is the ultimate buyer’s guide to the best Cat Scratching Posts. We would recommend using Kingfisher Cat Scratching Post as it is available at a reasonable price.**
Cat scratching posts are a great way to protect your furniture......................
Cat scratching posts are a great way to protect your furniture from the cats you love. You can also entertain them with cat toys or take them outside. What is the best cat scratching post? That is an excellent question you should ask yourself before buying one. If you already have a great scratching post for your cat then congratulations to you both! However, if you don’t already have one or need to replace yours then read on.
You can easily find the right size and style of scratching post for your cat by taking into consideration a few factors. The first thing you’ll need to be concerned about is the size of the scratching post. In order to do that, take a look at the measurements on the product itself. This will make it more likely that your pet can fit comfortably and happily inside of this object without it being awkward.
Once you’ve decided on the size of the scratching post, you can think about its style. There are a few different types of cat scratching posts available on today’s market. You may want to consider wire mesh, sisal rope covered posts or if you have a smaller house and small pet, a cardboard scratcher for cats. All of these are great options.
I personally know what it is like to have a cat scratching post that is not very sturdy or sized properly for my cat’s needs. I can tell you first-hand how inconvenient it is when the new cat scratcher I put out ends up falling apart within days of use. It was an “up-side-down U” shaped cat scratcher. It fell apart so easily because my cat’s claws were able to get underneath it and tear it open which ended up exposing the cardboard inside. I had to throw it out, thinking there was nothing wrong with the scratchpad itself!
I needed a stronger scratching post for my cat to use so I tried buying another one. This time I spent a little extra money and bought a sturdy sisal rope covered cat scratcher. My cat loved it and didn’t tear it up on the first day, week or month! It was everything I needed in a scratching post and more.
You can find many different commercial scratching posts that provide your pet with endless fun and relaxation. Scratching posts are a great way to express your animal’s natural behaviour in a safe and comforting way. Try buying one for your pet today!
Cats scratching posts – Here is how you can find the best cat scratching posts
Do scratching posts really work for cats?
Scratching posts often come in a variety of styles, but most cats do not like them and will scratch on the furniture instead. This is just because they are used to clawing on that type of surface and may not be as interested in using a new one. You can trick your cat into liking their new scratching post by placing it next to their old one – they might take the hint and start scratching there. Perhaps you think your cat doesn’t like the post because it is not tall enough, or that they haven’t left any marks on it to show that they’ve used it. Cats will often scratch at their posts for a few minutes each day, so if you’re just looking for something to stop them scratching your furniture then look no further than the post you’ve already got inside.
You will need to give your cat time to get used to their new scratching post – if they’re not interested in using it then start by rubbing some catnip onto the surface, or put a few of their toys on top of it so that they are reminded about the fun times they had with them
Why won’t My cat Scratch the scratching post?
One of the most common reasons as to why your cat may not be scratching on their post is because they are used to clawing on a different type of surface. If you can, try and place the post next to one that they may have been scratching on and see if they take the hint.
Does my Cat need a scratching post?
Cats like to scratch things and if you don’t make your furniture available to them they will go elsewhere. Scratching is also an important part of feline communication; they do it to mark their territory and make it known that this is their home. It is in your best interest (and your cat’s) to make sure they have available scratching posts. If you’ve got more than one cat in your house then it is always a good idea to get them each their own scratching post so that there are no disagreements over who has access to what!
Where can I put my cat’s Scratching post?
If your furniture is getting scratched, why not have your cat use their scratching post instead? If you’ve got more than one cat then it is a good idea to get them each their own scratching post so that there are no disagreements over who has access to what! You can find some variety in sizes and materials; wooden posts with sisal rope covers are favourites of cats, but if you have an outdoor cat then perhaps try the corrugated cardboard posts which are designed to be left out in the rain without getting damaged.
How tall should a cat scratch post be?
A scratching post should be tall enough for your cat to fully extend and stretch their paw and body when they scratch at it. Generally speaking, a good height for a scratching post is three feet. Some people opt to use trees or posts that are much taller than this or shorter than this. The important thing is that the extension your cat needs in order to reach the top of the scratcher can vary from one kitty to another!
where can I get a Cheap Cat Scratching Post?
The good news is – you don’t need to buy a scratching post that’s expensive. You can get a cheap and durable one from the store or online for your cat! Cat scratching posts also come in metal and cardboard- just choose one that works for you. You can even get a scratching post that has been designed to be hung from the ceiling!
Which material is best for a Cat Scratching Post?
One of the most important things when buying a scratching post for your cat is making sure it’s durable. Cats have sharp claws and they need a scratching post that can withstand a bit of wear and tear without falling apart after only a few uses. The best material for your cat’s scratching post is natural sisal, which is strong and will last a long time. Cardboard isn’t so great due to it being easier to scratch through the surface but if you choose one with a heavy-duty cardboard exterior
Cat Scratching Furniture
There are a lot of ways to keep your cat from scratching the furniture, and you may find that none of them works for your kitty. Scratching is a natural behaviour that cats do for a number of reasons. Cats scratch objects as a way to mark their territory with their scent glands and as a way to stretch out their muscles by working their claws. Cats also scratch objects as a form of communication.
One way to resolve this issue is by giving your cat an area where it can scratch its own things without damaging yours: You can start this by providing them with their own scratching post. The best type of scratching posts for cats are those made out of natural sisal rope, which they will find rough and satisfying
See our ratings – Cat Scratching Posts
The best Cat Scratching Posts
Kingfisher Cat Scratching Post
- Scratching post will provide your cat with a safe place to stretch and scratch
- Complete with a soft plush base
- Dangly ball for added fun and interest
- Model number: CATSP
Kerbl Cat Opal Maxi Scratching Post, 39 x 39 x 78 cm
- Protects furniture
- Sisal is glued to the post
- Measures 39 cm length by 39 cm width by 78 cm height
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
DIVCHI 16" Cat Scratching Post 40 cm, Natural Sisal Pole and Carpet Covered Heavy Base, Vertical Full Scratcher,Platinum Grey
- Standard Full Stretch Post: Base: 30 x 30 cm. Post Height: 40cm, design for all medium size cats from kitten to adults, except huge ones.
- SAY NO TO FURNITURE DESTRUCTION: Guide your active cats to use scratching post instead of furniture, Cover sisal post with some catnip which is attractive, After cats enjoy sisal post your furniture will be saved.
- Natural and Eco-Friendly: Scratching Post is made with thick cardboard tube and wrapped with natural fibrous sisal; base tower are made with heavy chipboard covered with soft plush, safe and stable, avoid tipping and wobbling, provides reliability and stability, wooden material , handmade.
- Easy Assemble: The product is easy to install and the parts are screwed together for stability and firmness. The required gadgets are included in the package.
- Fun Fact: Cat Scratching Post gives extra attraction to cat, lead to full stretch for big cats, perfect for claw scratch.
Smart Cat The Ultimate Scratching Post
- Hightest Quality durable post allows cats to fully stretch
- Made with fibrous, durable sisal that naturally inspires scratching
- allows cat to stretch vertically
- Sturdy base eliminates tipping and wobbling
- Excellent finish
MORA PETS Cat Scratching Post, 83cm Scratching Post for Adult Cats Tall Scratch post for Indoor Cats with Ball Cactus Claw Scratching for Kitten and Large Cats Stable Base Not Fall Over
- 【83cm Height for All Size Cats】This 83cm tall cat scratching post is the ideal height for kitten and adult cat to scratch fully and tone muscles. The cute cactus shape will add a pop of fun to any home décor.
- 【Natural Sisal for Healthy Claws】Wrapped with natural sisal rope, the cat scratching post helps keeping your kitty’s nails clean, healthy, and strong. The top and base part covered with soft corduroy material for cats to rub and nuzzle.
- 【Dangling Ball Adds Extra Fun】Each scratch post features a dangling bell ball to fulfill your feline’s mouse-hunting instincts. The durable sisal toy will last long time to satisfy kitty's daily swatting and batting needs.
- 【Protect Furniture from Naughty Claws】The cactus cat scratcher post allows your kitty to stretch, paw, scratch, and climb all day. It’s a simple solution to keep your furniture away from the cat's claws.
- 【Easy to Assemble】This tall cat scratching post is designed to be simply assembled, you can finish this installation within a short time, easily create a wonderful playground for your cat.
rabbitgoo Cat Scratching Post, 43cm Cat Tree Small Cat Tower with Sisal Plush Perch, Cat Scratch Post with Hanging Toys, Cat Claw Scratcher for Indoor Large Cats, Kitten Climbing Pole for Play Rest
- Scratching is Essential, So does a Scratching Post: Scratching is a natural feline behavior that contributes a lot to your cat's mental and physical wellness. This scratcher post provides a dedicated place to take care of this instinctual need, allowing your cat to keep claws robust, exercise the body, and leave territorial marks. It's also an ideal alternative to unsafe declawing. Oh, did I mention having a cat post is the simplest way to keep your delicate furniture away from claw attacks?
- Encourage Healthy, Enjoyable Scratching: The whole cat post is tightly wrapped with strong sisal strands, offering ample space for your frisky kitten to sink claws right in from every angle. Naturally-sourced sisal is safe to scratch and can stand up to enthusiastic use. With its vertical design, your lazy indoor child will receive a full-body stretch during every scratch. Not to mention that your kitty will feel so satisfied when the claws tear across the tempting texture of sisal fabric
- Cat-owned Rest, Leisure Area: There’s more than scratching! Thanks to its top perch, this scratcher doubles as a comfortable lounge for your cat to take a nap or curl up with a sense of security. This small cat tower also allows your little climber to go through daily climbing practice. The two dangling pom-poms no doubt will be your cat’s favorite entertainment and stress reliever, keeping both the body and mind vigorous. When tired, your cat can sprawl on the plush-covered base platform
- Quality Materials Stand for Safety: Carefully constructed with heavy-duty particle boards, this sturdy cat stand is here to fully support your energetic kid's daily enjoyment. Rest easy knowing its enlarged base offers reliable stability to prevent any chances of wobbling or tipping over. The robust pillar reinforced with premium sisal will hold up well under vigorous scratching. The premium soft plush also greets your sensitive kitten with the pleasant comfort and warmth
- Practical Cat Post in Style: Overall dimension:40cm x 40cm x 43cm. Just-right size won't take too much space, suitable especially for small rooms or apartments. The easy 3-step installation allows your cat to enjoy this cat tree in no time! Minimalist design in elegant gray will blend seamlessly into the decor of your living room, bedroom, study, kitchen, etc. making this an attractive piece of modern cat furniture
Aibuddy Cat Scratching Post, 60CM Tall Sisal Cat Scratcher Climber & Tree Pole(Cat Interactive Toys, Dangling Ball,East to Assemble, 30 x 30 x 60 cm)
- A Lots of Fun : Wrapped in sisal rope and plush with two different captivating toys offer cats different scratching feeling and toys, will be attractive for your cats and entertain them for hours. Happy cat = happy you
- Great Value : A cat scratching post, playground, ball toys & SO MUCH MORE. Superior quality & construction lasts longer than other’s; preferred by cats. 60CM tall , Large surface area provide generous scratching space
- Sturdy & Stable Construction: 1.25kg , 30 х 30cm thick MDF base to prevent it from knocking over, included velcros will ensure additional stability of the kitten scratch post and will serve for the floor protection.
- Natural Materials: The 60cm cats scratching post tree is wrapped in sisal rope and plush ,eco-friendly materials of the cat tree are absolutely safe for both people and cats.
- 1 minute to Assemble: Don't need any tools , just screw twice and everything will be OK.
ukdirectshop Multi Level Cat Tree Tower | Cat Scratching Post Cat Tree Tower with Sisal, Grey
- ★ Cat trees can optimally sharpen their claws while your furniture remains untarnished and safe.
- ★ Fun to play, hanging 4 mice add extra fun for cats. Cat tree for indoor and outdoor cats a like a fun playground to let out all of their bundled up energy.
- ★ Constructed by sturdy natural particle boards and strengthened with battens at the bottom to ensure overall stability; anti-toppling fittings are included for double security.
- ★Good to rest, multi level cat tree tower with cave sleeping area.Includes observation decks for your pets to lounge.
- ★ Our cat tower is easy to Assemble. User manual included. Comes with the accessories pack, you can just install it easily without great DIY skills.
Dimaka 29" Tall Cat Scratching Post, Claw Scratcher Sisal Rope Covered Soft Smooth Plush, Vertical Scratch [Full Strectch], Modern Design 29 Inches Height (Grey)
- [Standard Full Stretch Post] - 29 inches / 74 cm Height, design for all size cats from kitten to adults, except huge ones.
- [Natural and Eco-Friendly] Scratching Post Tree is made with thick cardboard tube and wrapped with natural fibrous sisal; base tower are made with heavy chipboard covered with soft plush, safe and stable, avoid tipping and wobbling, provides reliability and stability, wooden material , handmade
- [Fun Fact] Plush Ball gives extra attraction to cat, lead to full stretch for big cats, perfect for claw scratch
- [Modern Design] 5 colors: brown, dark brown, light grey, blue, beige, always meet your decor expection for matching house furniture
- [Easy Assemble, Tools Inlcuded] Easy to assemble and disassemble, take only 3 steps, less than 4 minutes to install
£35.99 in stock
- DIMENSIONS - SIZE M: Diameter 32cm(12.6")* Height 53cm(20.9"). SIZE L: Diameter 42cm(16.5")*Height 68.5cm(27"). Suitable for kittens and most adult cats for sratching.
- LIVELY DESIGN - Due to the cactus design, these scratching posts have a very lovely appearance. With 3 green cactus shape posts and it's just like a living cactus. This cactus scratching post brings a lot of vitality to your home. And your cats will absolutely get a perfect playmate.
- GOOD QUALITY - Covered with durable sisal rope and fluffy plush there is no problem with scratching and sharpening with this scratching post. Stable construction and sturdy posts and a robust base plate are still a guarantee for free and carefree climbing and playing of the cats.
- PROTECT YOUR FURNITURE - It's great for helping to keep cat's claws healthy, while keeping furniture damage free. Cats can see green and will notice green things more easily. This cactus scratching post is a good choice for catching cats' attention. Allow your cats to scratch and play with their own furniture instead of your own.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE - No complicated installation. The assembly instructions and all accessories are incidental. Building up script by script according to the instructions is definitely easy and doesn't take long. After a short while your cats can enjoy the fun with the scratching post.